How to overcome Food Cravings.
If you require slimming pills or other diet information, please click here.
|Food cravings are intense yearnings for a certain type of food. Sweet or salty foods are common food cravings as are protein foods such as meat or cheese. Food cravings are thought to be caused by:|
- fluctuations in blood sugar levels
- emotional and psychological reasons
- or sometimes by nutritional deficiencies
Stress, depression and a lack of sleep can cause "junk" food cravings. We sometimes may turn to "comfort foods" we associate with pleasant feelings and overeat these foods when we are stressed, depressed or tired. Food cravings for quick sugar energy, alcohol foods or drinks containing caffeine or carbohydrates are common when we are tired and want to feel energized.
How to manage your food cravings (Diets)
You could try the following tips to help you cope and resist temptation:
- Don't skip meals as this will make you more likely to crave other foods and snack because you are hungry.
- Don't starve yourself as this is most likely to lead to you experience cravings and to give in to temptation. Keep healthy snacks like fruit or carrot/celery sticks handy at all times.
- Drink plenty of water as dehydration can sometimes be mistaken for hunger and can increase cravings, especially for sweet foods. Water will also make you feel full, so you would feel less hungry.
- Don't keep foods you crave in the house, and don't go shopping when you're hungry as you're more likely to buy foods that are bad for you.
- As with any craving, distract your attention from it - go for a walk, have a bath or watch TV.
- Indulge once in a while so that you don't deprive yourself completely as this could be your downfall. If you crave chocolate allow yourself a fun size chocolate bar occasionally and don't feel guilty.
- If you need extra help with food cravings and trying to reduce food intake, try SlimSlim slimming pills. It's a 100% natural slimming aid helping you to keep the calories under control. Find SlimSlim here